What is Kinesio Taping? It is a time tested, therapeutic taping method using a uniquely designed elastic tape. It’s a modality that optimizes the function of many different tissues and physiologic systems. It can also be applied and worn for extended periods with continued therapeutic benefit between visits.
What can Kinesio Tape be used for? Virtually anything!
- Acute and chronic pain
- Muscle imbalance
- Postural insufficiency
- Circulatory and lymphatic conditions
- Ligament, tendon and joint injuries
- Fascial adhesions and scars
- Pathological movement patterns
- Neurological conditions
And so much more!!!
You do not have to be an athlete to use KT Tape! 85% of applications are non-athletic.
Some of the unique qualities of Kinesio Taping:
- LATEX FREE
- Safe for pediatric to geriatric populations
- Longer wear time : 3-5 day period
- Well tolerated
- Works with the body to allow normal range of motion
- Enhances the circulatory system via superficial activation
- Restores epidermal tissue homeostasis
- Used worldwide for preventative and clinical conditions
- More economical
- Easy to apply
- Water resistance improves wear time
- Effective treatment between professional visits
However, please note the following conditions are considered contraindications which means we can not use this tape on you:
- Severe allergic reactions to adhesive tape
- Presence of deep vein thrombosis
- Diabetes (Neuropathy)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Thin skin
- Lymph node removal
- Skin sensitivity
Kinesio Taping is already available on our online booking system! You can book a session solely for KT Tape only or add it to your massage session.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram as we will be adding more information on KT Tape!
If you have any questions, feel free to message us!